(What's THAT supposed to mean?!)

FLARE: (noun) a burst of light used to communicate or illuminate;
----------- (verb) to burn brightly or to erupt or intensify suddenly.
FLAIR: (noun) a natural talent or distinctive & stylish elegance.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rewind #33: Getting Back In The Saddle (again)


Original air date: 21Jan2010
No big news. No big revelations. Just enjoying getting back in the swing of things - albeit slower than I might prefer - but I’m thankful for the recovery I am being given from my surgery. I am now 5½ weeks post-op, and doing well. Of COURSE I’d prefer to be spending more time away from the couch, but hey - I won’t complain. (Too loudly.) 
Sometimes it’s the occasions when we’re forced to slow down that we take the time to look around how notice how blessed we really are. I am so grateful for my husband who has nursed me tirelessly day and night, both in the last month and too frequently for the last six years. I can’t believe we just celebrated our 6th anniversary!! In some respects it seems like just a few months, but on the other hand, anything else feels like a dream of another life. 
I could also talk of the blessings that have overflowed on friends and family recently -- one declared cancer-free after a 2-year fight, one had too close of a call with cancer but received normal results, another is enjoying healing unprecedented for 9 years ... not to mention some of the  more personal spiritual growth in people I know ... and myself. The more I experience in life, the more I am convinced that blessings are everywhere for us to recognize and claim, not something we sit back and wait for. And, more often than not, the biggest blessings come in packages that can be very uncomfortable to open.
But I said this wouldn’t be about big revelations. :) Soon I will tell the tales of the new adventures I’m having with learning a new trick or two, and what it looks like this spring and summer will have in store for us. Until then, we’ll just sway to the rhythm of love and thank God for every new day we’re given. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment