(What's THAT supposed to mean?!)

FLARE: (noun) a burst of light used to communicate or illuminate;
----------- (verb) to burn brightly or to erupt or intensify suddenly.
FLAIR: (noun) a natural talent or distinctive & stylish elegance.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rewind #20: My New Template

Original air date: 23Feb2010

I was just writing an email to a good friend, catching her up on what’s been new in my life recently. While writing her I thought of something that would be pretty handy to keep on hand ... it’s an email template to help explain whatever new health development I have going:
"Hi, it's Karyn. I just wanted to update you on what's been going on for me & my health. Lately I've been having a weird occurrence of _______ that is ______ painful. It happens about ______ per (circle one:) day - week - month. My doctors performed a ______ test and just got the results back. Looks like it's a rare case of _________, that almost NEVER happens in caucasian women of my age. Once again, my doctors have never seen this except in medical textbooks. The treatment is to (circle all that apply:)
-take an exorbitant amount of expensive medication for life, then deal with side effects
-use a cream that stings like mad-eat a stew made of eye of newt & toadstool once a week
-or: there is no known treatment. 


The good news is that we now have a name for this condition (that no one will be able to pronounce), even though we can treat it but not prevent it or cure it.
How have you been?"
Hahaha ... I guess I have to be able to laugh about all this! It helps keep me sane. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment