(What's THAT supposed to mean?!)

FLARE: (noun) a burst of light used to communicate or illuminate;
----------- (verb) to burn brightly or to erupt or intensify suddenly.
FLAIR: (noun) a natural talent or distinctive & stylish elegance.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rewind #26: Gettin' Back in the Saddle


Original air date: 29Jul2010
Well good morning everyone! Wow, it has sure been a long time since I have been active on this blog. I have many things rumbling around inside my brain and hopefully I will be organizing them into some kind of logical mess that you can read through soon. So much has happened here lately! Danny and I were *greatly* blessed to go to Tennessee mid-July and be part of a retreat with Christians from all over the country ... our eyes were opened, our hearts refreshed, and our lives challenged. We met some amazing new friends and no doubt have started lasting relationships. God has definitely been working in our hearts and we feel a fire to serve Him maybe more than ever. 
Danny and I have also been just enjoying the summer - (so much more temperate than usual! I can’t believe it’s almost August and yet the high is 93º today!) - we’ve been camping a couple times and are just having a good time. We have some travel plans coming up for this fall that are still being worked out .... not sure how much of what we had originally planned we will still be able to do at this point, but we’re playing it by ear ... I am helping to plan a Christian women’s retreat coming up mid-September that I am really excited about - the title is “Interior Design - Redecorating God’s Home In Our Hearts” .... and then of course aside from all of this fun stuff we have going, I have been facing some turbulence in my health. I was just released on Tuesday after spending 10 days in the hospital due to a flare of my Behçet’s Disease. Since the disease manifested for me in 2004 I have been hospitalized 6 times for similar flares - but I can happily report that of those 6 times, this was one of the 2 most moderate. It was by FAR my longest stretch between hospitalizations -- 27 months!!! -- and I am very thankful for that. Now that I am dealing with “cleaning up” after this flare (with the new pulse of medications & treatments, etc), the plans for proceeding with surgery and treatment of my Endometriosis have now been quite postponed. The surgery that I had *finally* been able to schedule for August 10th has been cancelled, and it is now looking like the beginning of this next year before we can move on with that.
Ahhh ... like I said, so much has been going on! In the midst of all of this, God is continually teaching me. He faithfully brings me lessons and opportunities for growing and maturing in my walk with Him and I have been trying very hard to be in tune with these lessons. I believe I have had small successes and even some larger breakthroughs - and I am excited to share much of this with you. Stay tuned, because more entries will be coming in the near future! I pray you are all having a wonderful day. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment