(What's THAT supposed to mean?!)

FLARE: (noun) a burst of light used to communicate or illuminate;
----------- (verb) to burn brightly or to erupt or intensify suddenly.
FLAIR: (noun) a natural talent or distinctive & stylish elegance.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

What's Important

I recently found this quote on a great blog I was looking through:

Thomas S. Monson --
I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and non-existent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey -- now.

That couldn't be any more true! And what a story of my life. It's so easy to get trapped by the mundane and temporary - because we're surrounded by it. It's what we see, day in and day out. A friend of mine recently admitted that sadly, he'd spent too many years of his life "majoring in the minors." Don't we all do that?! I know I have - and do. Right now I'm at a point in my life of separating what's truly important from what's not ... and it's surprising me what isn't making the 'truly important' list. More heart, less "stuff" ... more eternity and less here-and-now .... MUCH less comfort and more stretching my comfort zones. Mainly, less focus on what people think of me and more focusing on what God thinks of me. I wonder where all this is going? I wonder what God is doing with this new momentum in my life?? I guess only time will tell. The only thing I have any control over is today - and I don't even have much control over that! So, I will just put one foot in front of the other and let God sort out the details of where this path with lead me. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment