(What's THAT supposed to mean?!)

FLARE: (noun) a burst of light used to communicate or illuminate;
----------- (verb) to burn brightly or to erupt or intensify suddenly.
FLAIR: (noun) a natural talent or distinctive & stylish elegance.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Crafty hands

Today was a great day .... ahhhh. :o) I love days like this. It's getting to be the end of the day and I am tired out and sore all over - because I've been active and productive all day! This day started with us heading to the health club where I did my usual workout while Danny took photos of our group BodyFlow class. I told him that I was afraid to look at his photos, afraid that it would only confirm my suspicions of what I really look while working out! This is all I could think about:

We got home and had a simple lunch and then I headed out to do yard work while Danny had the fun job of taking packages and our Christmas cards to the post office. Besides raking up a ton of leaves, one of my tasks today was to cut off the suckers that were growing straight up out of our Japanese plum trees. As I was trimming them and throwing them all in a pile, they made me think of the wrapped grapevine wreaths that make such beautiful decorations, and how these small branches would be perfect for that. So, with my ADD in high gear, I took a break from yard work and just started wrapping branches in the driveway! While I was twisting them, two Indian women walked by and smiled and seemed to be admiring what I was doing. I held up the wreath to show them, and they said a few sentences to me in Punjabi. I am hoping they were complimenting me - but it's also quite likely that they were just laughing at a silly white girl trying to make art out of lawn clippings. ;-) But, soon I had two wreaths all twisted up!
The smaller one is probably 18" and the larger one is about 24" across. They are now drying in the garage - I can't wait to decorate them! When I showed Danny what I'd made while I supposed to be doing yard work, after complimenting them he said, "But, who does that?!" ;-) My mind just works that way, I guess! I am always happy when my hands are making things, and it never really matters what I'm making. I'm just happy to be being crafty! That's one of the things I like the most about the pre-Christmas season; that's usually when I have the most projects in the works. And, speaking of which, time for me to get off the computer and back to work in Santa's workshop here. Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment